DIGITAL LASER PRINTING
Choose digital print if you have a smaller run size or need to get your print out fast. With digital, there is much less ‘make ready’ time required as no plates need to be prepared, also every page printed can be unique, allowing us to personalise your printed items in one pass.
Digital print uses electronic files (typically a PDF of your artwork) and CMYK toners to produce an image using laser technology. Whereas litho or Digital Inkjet will produce a more traditional printed look digital laser printing is still a very good quality finish and it’s often difficult to tell the difference between something that has been digitally vs litho/inkjet printed.
Another advantage over litho print is that there is no additional drying time required when digital laser printing.
WHEN TO CHOOSE DIGITAL LASER PRINT
- Opt for digital laser printing if you have a smaller run size. Litho only becomes cost-effective when your order is higher volume.
- The turnaround time for digital lasering is quicker as there is no time needed to ‘make ready’ the job – as long as the document is print ready, with the correct bleed and crop marks, you’re good to go.
- You may also want to laser print when you have a personalised print item that makes sense to personalise in-line.
- There may be multiple artwork versions of a job that is more cost effective to digitally laser print than set up multiple litho print plates. However, for higher volume variable print, Digital Inkjet Printing will be more cost-effective.
WHEN NOT TO CHOOSE DIGITAL LASER PRINT
- Don’t choose digital lasering if your order is high volume – litho or Digital Inkjet printing will be better suited to your needs, as well as being more cost effective.